Saturday, April 26, 2008

Spirit Yuba




Google Earth. Google somewhere you'd like to go. Somewhere challenging but not impossible. Then go. This is what my second trip to the Yuba was about. I had surveyed the journey I had previously made. Recounted my footsteps and relived the trip with the aid of Satellite. Zooming in to see from above like an incarnate being, a spirit, where my incarnate self had passed through and would like to travel. Maybe that's what we do after we die and before we are born again. Google Earth or whatever planet or realm is available to your spirit. Look at families and circumstances and given the power of your desire and the quality of your consciousness, a choice is made, spirit is made carnate and you are born. But this journey, the earthly topic of this post was more specific less cosmic. I was using my computer to see where I had hiked and if there was a more direct route to where I had been. It is fine to see where you had thrashed about for lack of path, where I had crawled beneath spiky thorn bushes. It is easy to see to your errors in judgement from above and with hindsight. I possessed no such vision when I was in the thick of it - in the thicket, that there was a better way, an open meadow or old road just a few yards away. But now with Google Earth I could see the big picture. I could see where I had gone. I could also see what was beyond and there-in was born desire. I desired to go there, to incarnate there, where I had not been but I could see from above. Arriving at the edge of new water in like entering a church.......